Sunday, August 10, 2008

Battle of Beijing








Quick post. Gotta run soon. Yesterday was one for the books... I quote Jimmy Buffett, "My head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus." Well, not that bad. Had to start the day w/ the remnants of bad gin in my head and showing up at Newie and Myrle Ann's church. Gotta pay to play as they say. I'm Presbyterian, so I know I'm in the hole anyway...




Moving on... time to Scalp. Hmmmm, can't even get near the stadiums. OK move on. Ahh, the Germans said to go to the swim cube. Hop in cab. Find a cell phone on the floor from a previous westerner on the floor. Cabbie snatches the phone and screams it is his. Newie goes off.... Screaming, cussing, and finally rolling out of the cab. Ahhhhhh, this is getting fun now. 100 spectators. All of a sudden LOTS of cops. Where you from... Uhhhhhh, Canada? We separate and gave the phone to the cops. We're out of here. Canada is dead. Long live Canada. By the way, the crowd LOVED us and were against the cabbie. I told you the Bossarts are good in brawl.




Rain started dumping buckets. Ducked into various buses and then found a new hotel and got some tix. Ahh, the gods chuckle. We even ran into a guy selling more at a bar later that night at face to westerners.




New day here. Boxing this afternoon and kayaking. We got a line on more tix. We're cool.

3 comments:

June Cleaver said...

OK, first a personal fanner, now a personal body guard!!??? You guys are too much. Thank goodness for Newie--way to go! Give him the "gold"!

Norm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Norm said...

is Beijing Chinese for "cluster f@#k"?